About the Federal Scholarship:
The Honorable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2021/2022 Federal Government Scholarship Awards for:
BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA) 2020/2021:
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico.
2.0 All qualified candidates are advised to:
a. Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website wwww.education.gov.ng and click on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
b. Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online c. Print the completed Application Form
3.0 FIELDS OF STUDY
a. Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), Pilot Engineering, Neurologis and
b. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
FOR BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA)
A. Undergraduate Scholarship:
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2018 & 2019).
- Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
B. Postgraduate Scholarship:
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
GENERAL NOTE FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which will hopefully be opened between October and November 2019
- Complete the application form online
- All applicants for Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
All Applicants to upload the following certificates online;
a. UNDERGRADUATE (UG): WAEC/WASSCE, Birth Certificate, Indigene letter.
b. POSTGRADUATE (PG): 1st Degree Certificate, Birth Certificate, WAEC/WASSCE Indigene letter & NYSC discharge Certificate.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
i) Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
ii) Data page of the current International passport;
iii) Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
iv) National Identification Number (NIN)
v) Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
OFFICIAL PHONE NUMBERS/E-MAIL:
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS.